Thursday, December 30, 2010

Basement fire.

We arrived to smoke showing, found a closet with some rigged up extension cords all burnt up. We see alot of that in our area. People adding rooms in their basement and having 10 people living in a normally 2 bedroom house. People rigging up electrical cords to get electricity to those added rooms. In this particular incident the homeowner was alerted to the smoke in her house by one of her teenaged relatives sleeping on some blankets in the basement with an infant next to her just 10 feet from the closet.